“Monte Carlo Simulation” is now available for sale on the iTunes store! The book combines the best of instructional design & practical hands on content with power of the iPad learning platform. Easily downloadable to your device, it brings high quality content with video lessons and self-assessment quizzes in one neat & affordable package.
Designed for the iPad using Apple’s iBooks Author, “Monte Carlo Simulation” provides a unique learning experience with instructor led video sessions that walk you through detailed calculations using EXCEL spreadsheets and templates. Interactive reviews sections measure your progress and understanding of the course materials.
Figure 1 Text examples
- Construct a basic Monte Carlo simulator in EXCEL to determine possible future price paths for Equities, Commodities or Currencies
- Build a hybrid model that combines the best of Monte Carlo simulation and actual historical returns
- Dissect Black Scholes risk adjusted probabilities & price options using a Monte Carlo simulation model
- Discuss & apply convergence & variance reduction techniques
- Calculate Value at Risk for futures & options
- Other real world applications of Monte Carlo simulation (e.g. hedge risk, simulate interest rates & forecast monetary policy rate)
Figure 2 Video instruction & Easy Self Assessment
- 7 video sessions that walk through detailed steps for building a Monte Carlo simulation model, and using it to explain the Black Scholes equation as well as price vanilla and exotic options.
- 5 review questions (MCQ format) to check your progress and understanding.